"Bond, James Bond."
Since Sean Connery uttered those immortal words in 1962, the most dashing secret agent in the history of cinema has been charming and thrilling audiences worldwide. This impeccably British character created by author Ian Fleming has starred in 23 EON-produced films, played by 6 different actors over five decades.
To celebrate 50 years of this innovative franchise, EON Productions opened their archives of photos, designs, storyboards, and production materials to editor Paul Duncan, who spent two years researching over one million images and 100 filing cabinets of documentation. The result is the most complete account of the making of the series, covering every James Bond film ever made
, beginning with Dr. No
(1962) and ending with Skyfall
(2012), including the spoofCasino Royale
(1967) and Never Say Never Again
The stunning imagery is accompanied by an oral history recounted by over 150 cast and crew members
, relating the true inside story of how the Bond films were made. Containing previously unpublished photography and artwork
, as well as production memos from filming, this book is a comprehensive tribute to the legend of James Bond.
Click here to download teaser
- Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the most successful and longest-running film franchise in cinema history!
- Made with unrestricted access to the Bond archives, this XL tome recounts the entire history of James Bond in words and pictures
- Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs
- Behind-the-scenes stories from the people who were there: producers, directors, actors, screenwriters, production designers, special effects technicians, stuntmen, and other crew members
- Includes every Bond film ever made, from Dr. No (1962) to Skyfall (2012)
- Special bonus included with the first print run of the book only: an original strip of film from Dr. No
James Bond films © 1962–2012 Danjaq, LLC and United Artists Corporation.
All rights reserved.Also available in 2 Art Editions, each limited to 250 copies
The editor:Paul Duncan
has edited 50 film books for TASCHEN, including the award-winningThe Ingmar Bergman Archives
, and authored Alfred Hitchcock
and Stanley Kubrick
in the Film Series.